Everything You’ll Need to Prepare for 2013 BGA Fall Camp!
In just a couple of weeks we’ll be gathering at Rancho Las Palmas in Rancho Mirage, California (just outside of Palm Springs) for BGA's Fall Barista Camp. To help our barista campers have the most complete and comfortable experience, we’ve created a packing list of supplies you may want to bring.
While Rancho Mirage will provide plenty of sunshine and warm rays, we want to make sure you have your bases covered. Here is a list of suggested items to bring:
- layers of clothing: expect highs in the 90’s and lows in 60’s, or cooler
- sun protection: protect your skin by packing sunscreen and a hat
- swimsuit: what better way to burn off caffeine-tensed muscles than a nice swim?
- water bottle: stay hydrated to maintain focus and energy.
- pain-relievers: pain happens
- flashlight: you never know when you need to find your way at night.
- coffee to swap: leave the brewing kit at home, they’ll be plenty brewed up by baristas, but bring the beans to trade with baristas from across the country.
- business cards: barista camp is prime for networking.
- shoes: you may need to hustle at some team challenges
- your A-Game: we have several new team challenges to nurture your competitive side
- pens, pencils, notebook: be ready to catch that idea, concept, name, email address that can be so quickly forgotten
- a beginner’s mindset: keeping an open mind will allow you to learn
- extra clothing basics: socks, tank tops… you get the idea
Also, bring SNACKS! Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided but it’s always good to have something to snack on in your room. If you enjoy having a drink in the evening, we’ll have sponsored kegs during meals, but bring anything extra that you’d like to enjoy.
See you all soon!