Barista Buddy Program Returns for 2011
Do you remember the barista buddy program we created for the WBC in Atlanta? Well the idea is back for the 2011 regional barista competitions as well as the USBC in Houston.
If you're thinking about getting involved with barista competitions, think about helping as a barista buddy.
The idea is to provide all competing baristas with a buddy that will be there to support and assist, whether it be making a run to the closest market or helping to iron a table cloth, your help will be greatly appreciated.
We're currently working on creating "barista buddy" as an option on the volunteer registration page, but for now feel free to register to volunteer at your regional's page, which you can find at usbaristachampionship.org.
If you're interested in being a buddy you can also email BGA Chair Scott Lucey at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further and get connected to your chapter representative, or of course contact your chapter representative directly. Contact info can be found at baristaguildofamerica.net/contact.html
Here's a brief overview of the Buddy Code of Conduct and Expectations:
- Do Not answer any competition or score sheet questions, please direct those questions to an organizing member of the SCAA.
- Attend competitor's meeting taking place the Friday and Saturday mornings before competition.
- If you've made any commitments prior to the competition, please make it a point to communicate that information to an organizing SCAA/BGA member in your region.
- Be available during practice time slots for competitors.
- Always be available during the hours of competition.
- Be there for the announcement of the finalists and winners if possible.
Competitor's Code of Conduct
- Please be upfront with your Buddy about how much help you would like.
- Please do not expect your buddy to purchase anything for you without you reimbursing them.
- Please respect your buddies time.
We thank all who may be interested in helping, it's with your help that our coffee community is as great as it is.